An interview template is the foundation of a job and standardizes a job description and skills across your business. Follow this tutorial to create an interview template.
Creating an interview template
NOTE: If your company has an applicant tracking system integrated with Clovers, you will not need to add a candidate in Clovers manually. It will flow automatically from your ATS into your Clovers instance.
Watch the video to see how it works:
To enable closed captioning, click settings in the lower right of the video below, and under Closed Captions, toggle the button to ON.
Clovers accounts started in September 2022 are automatically preloaded with over 60 of the most popular job roles. To create additional role templates, navigate to the top of the screen and select INTERVIEW TEMPLATES. Click into the gray ADD TEMPLATE button on the right hand side of the screen immediately above the template tiles.
|NOTE: Any edits made to a template will in turn affect its job.
A 3 step interview builder will appear.
- The first step is to select the seniority level for this interview template. Your choices are individual contributor, manager, manager of managers. As the seniority level increases, more questions about leadership and Team Management will be added to the template.
- Use the search bar to look up jobs families from the occupation list. The goal is to find jobs within a general family so that it can serve as a base for your template. Because the questions come from attributes, there is no need to match the job title in the job description 100%. you can use the drop-down arrow on the right hand side of the occupation tile to see which attributes are automatically assigned to that occupation. You can always add or remove attributes or competencies later.
- When you have located the template you want to use, select the radio button next to it and click USE THIS OCCUPATION to advance to the next step. Enter in the title you want this interview template to be associated with. Adding a description is optional but may help your team understand when they should use the template.
- Click FINISH and you will be taken to the completed interview template
- If you create a job in Clovers with the exact same title as the interview template, the template will automatically be assigned to the job. To manually add the template to the job, you can click into the job and edit the interview template section in the Basics tile.